Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome Back

It has been a while... a few months. Here it goes, hello blogging world, again. I know that I have been ignoring you for quite sometime because of the whole second, first year teaching experience; however, there really is no excuse.

As my Creative Writing students asked where and when I create my writing, I was thinking that really doesn't happen that often minus the writing lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, and feedback on papers. I don't have time to write!! As my brain was thinking that, my mouth said, "I have this fabulous blog that I write. Friends and family members are able to access and hear personal thoughts, tid- bits, updates, and stories. Blogging on the internet, it is a great way to start "publishing" pieces." Wow, talk about stretching the truth by a million. I definitely have not been writing "personal thoughts, tid-bits, updates, and stories" on my blog that is "fabulous." It is a little less of that and more of an afterthought.

I don't like lying, and I especially don't like the fact I stretched the truth so much with my students. Maybe that is because I am wondering why I don't write anymore. It is quite unnerving and just plain crazy. As my Creative Writing class is coming to a close for the semester, I don't want to continue lying to my students to create a bad influence. I want to leave them with a positive reinforcement that work can be read by other people, even if it is just by a few. So blogging world, I am back. I am going to live up to my word with my Creative Writing students and start blogging again.

Hello, again. I am back.

No comments: