Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer and Weddings

It has been quite a while since my last posting, so I figured I would try to make it up by writing two posts. The summer is coming to an end, but I had a fantastic summer. As most of you know I was in a wedding as a bridesmaid and the week after I went to a wedding in Spokane. So here it goes...

The first wedding I was down in Portland/ Vancouver for about a week. I went early to help calm the bride because everybody was coming in from out of town, and when I say everybody, I mean everybody. The only people that were in Portland/ Vancouver was Meggan's immediate family: mom, dad, and sister. So everybody, including the groom's family was flying in. Anyway, during the first couple days I helped her move into the new apartment, picked family up from the airport, ran errands for the wedding, helped organize a bbq, went hiking with her cousin, and so much more. It was quite the adventure within the first few days.

Once the bridal party starting arriving and the family even more chaos started, in a good way. The parents finally met one another and then the bridal party went bowling the first night everybody was in town. The next day was the tux fittings (all groomsman are from out of state), rehersal, rehersal dinner, bachelor party, and bachlelorette party part II. Finally Saturday was a fun, non-stress day because we went to the beach! It was a great way to unwind for all parties involved.

The next day was a perfect day for an outdoor wedding. It was a gorgeous, clear day that was in about the 90's, but once 6 o'clock hit, the temperature started going down a bit so we weren't sweating. It was a small wedding with about 125 (max) people. The ceremony itself was about 15 minutes, and it was a perfect way to celebrate Meggan and Brandon's love.

There is Meggan and I on the intertube. Luckily, no bottoms fell off and I was able to stay on as well!!

The rehersal. We were all extremely hot that day. I think we were all trying not to pass out at that moment.
That would be the entire bridal party. Yes, it was a large group of us. 7 groomsman and 7 bridesmaids. WOW!This is one of the bouquet of flowers, and the colors of the wedding. At first when Meggan told me about all of the colors in the wedding, I wasn't sure how it would look. In the end, it was gorgeous!

Bridesmaids are ready to go!

I didn't get many pictures of Meggan after she put on her wedding dress because it was pure chaos after that, but just believe me when I say she was breathtaking.

Brandon and I at the reception!!

The next weekend I went to a wedding in Spokane. I wasn't planning on going because, well, it was quite far, but I am glad I was able to make the wedding. At the wedding, I also knew the bride and groom from college. In college, I worked with Renae at the coffeeshop and I know Pat from all of the education classes we took together (basically we went through the program together). Needless to say I know both well. It was a wonderful day for a wedding.

The ceremony was nice. It was a full Lutheran service, with communion and all. The couple looked so happy and, of course, in love.

During the service, both Pat and Renae. You know it will be a long service with the bride and groom sit down in the pews.
After the service, right before jumping into the car!

No comments: